Journeyman Tool Maker/Mold Maker
Tool Room Manager
Build new tooling, repair existing tooling, and analyze tooling problems.
- Operate machine shop equipment such as lathes, surface grinders, mills, drill presses, and CNC machines.
- Fabricate details to specifications from drawings.
- Maintain adherence to strict tolerances.
- Ensure personal tools are maintained and calibration is current.
- Build or repair tooling in an efficient manner to promote customer satisfaction and on time delivery.
- Assemble, test, and refine repaired or newly built products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as a team member. Ability to read and comprehend tooling blueprints.
- Willingness to mentor helpers and enhance skills of coworkers.
- Ability to analyze tooling or design problems associated with the fabrication process. Ability to shift priorities from job to job to satisfy customer requirements.
- Ability to grasp training agendas quickly and retain knowledge.
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Reliability concerning attendance and punctuality.
- Multilimb Coordination and manual dexterity allowing lifting capabilities up to fifty pounds. Support of the Safety Policy in day to day activities.
- Knowledge of appropriate ISO policies and procedures
Experience and Education
- High school diploma ( or GED or high school equivalence certificate )
- Journeyman status preferred.
In addition to listed duties, Management reserves the discretion to add or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at will.